Roadside Assistance Cover
We offer roadside assistance cover in the case of breakdown through AA Roadside Assistance. This is a comprehensive breakdown and repair service, covering the whole of New Zealand. The service applies to all mechanical breakdowns and includes roadside mechanical failure assistance and towing to the nearest place of repair if necessary.
Standard Roadside Assistance - mechanical breakdowns
Standard Roadside Assistance for all mechanical breakdowns is included in your hire rate. Examples of mechanical breakdowns include:
- Engine, transmission or braking issues.
- Flat battery caused by a worn out or faulty battery.
Where a call-out is to deal with problems that are not a mechanical breakdown you will be liable for a charge out fee (starting from $90.00 on a per-event basis), which is payable directly to AA Roadside Assistance.
Extra Roadside Assistance Cover - non-mechanical issues
Extra Roadside Assistance for non-mechanical issues is available with the Ultimate Peace of Mind insurance option.
Extra Roadside Assistance covers the AA call-out fees for non-mechanical problems, including:
- Tyre damage, including the cost of tyre repair or replacement to our specification.
- Flat battery caused by leaving lights or other accessories on after stopping.
- Keys locked in the hire vehicle or lost, excluding the cost of replacement keys.
- Out of fuel, excluding the cost of the fuel.
With the Ultimate Peace of Mind insurance option, any AA callout fee charged will be reimbursed to you. A reasonable use policy applies.